Anime adaptation of Yuki Midorikawa’s manga “Natsume’s Book of Friends”, created by the studio Brain’s Base, first appeared in 2008. TV Tokyo in Japan from 2008 to 2012 showed four seasons of this anime series. The fifth and sixth seasons was released by studio Shuka. But fans of the manga know that this is not the end, looking forward to the release of Natsume’s Book of Friends Season 7. What attracted the audience to this series?
Storyline of the anime
Natsume’s Book of Friends anime is a story about Japanese high school student Takashi Natsume, who has the ability to see otherworldly forces. The ability to see spirits is hateful to a boy, because everyone around him thinks he’s strange. He does not have parents, he moves to the house of the dead grandmother Reiko, who also had the same abilities. The monsters are attacking him, demanding to give away a Book of Friends. In this Book there’re the names of all the spirits. And it has unlimited power over all the demons. Reiko, who fought a lot of demons, defeated them and subjugated to herself, has created this book by herself.
Takashi Natsume does not want to rule the world of spirits, he wants to return the demons their names imprisoned in the notebook. In his adventures, he is accompanied by Madara, youkai, who then takes the form of a maneki-neko, an awkward cat, then a shroud, a giant white wolf. His companion Natsume calls Nanko-sensei, he bequeathed the notebook after his death. The more Takashi communicates with the inhabitants of the other world, the more he realizes that our two worlds are very similar, and not always spirits are very different from people.
Information about the TV show
- The director of the series Takahro Omori.
- Each of the first four seasons includes 13 episodes. The fifth season consists of 11 series, it was broadcast in 2016.
- There are two versions in the form of OVA. In 2013, fans of the series were pleased with the release entitled “Nyanko-sensei and the first errand”, and in 2014 the OVA entitled “Once Upon a Winter Day”.
- Each new season has its own hieroglyph, recorded in ancient Japanese.
- Manga “Friendship Notebook Natsume” is released in the syjo-magazine LaLa DX of Hakusensha publishing house since 2005. Now there are 22 volumes.
- In various amateur voiceovers, the name of Nanko-Sensei sounds differently. He is also called Pukhlyash, and Kotosharik, and Cotopuz.
Natsume’s Book of Friends season 7 release date
The exact date of the anime adaptation “Natsume’s Book of Friends” can not yet be named. It is known only that the author of the manga Yuki Midorikawa still has a lot of ideas about the amin character. Manga includes 22 volumes, it continues to be released. This means that there are enough releases for many more episodes. Tentatively, the 7th season will be released in winter 2018-2019.
In the meantime, lovers of the manga and its wonderful anime-screen version can be pleased with the release of a feature-length film throughout the history of Natsume’s Book of Friends. The premiere is scheduled for February 2018. The main character is awaited by fascinating adventures, battles with otherworldly forces, who dream of getting a notebook.